Drug Intervention and
Hopeful Addiction Counseling in Spokane, WA
Educator, Trainer, Expert
- Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership Studies
- NIDA Funded Researcher in Family Intervention
- National/Regional Trainer in Addictions
- Nationally Published Author in Addictions
- Court Expert Witness in Addictions
- Master Addiction Counselor (NCC-AP: 509960)
- Master of Science in Counseling Psychology
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LH00005453)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LF00001053)
- Certified Interventional Professional (I-0188)
- Full Member: Association of Intervention Specialists
Host of the national radio show: Overcoming Addiction: Hope with Prevention, Intervention, and Treatment on Voice America Radio
Order the DVD, “Why People Use Drugs and How to Help Them Quit“
Listen to past shows:
Joe Terhaar is a nationally recognized expert in family intervention and family addiction recovery.
Always insist on a Certified Intervention Professional
Philosophy of Helping A Loved-One Into Treatment
In Most Cases, An Ambush Intervention is not necessary and counterproductive!
Always respectful and caring, we use 15 strategies of intervention, matching the approach to what the family and drug user (gambler, eater, etc.) need. Do not risk an ambush intervention when one is not needed. We tailor the strategy to the needs of the family and the loved-one with the guidance of nationally recognized professional standards of care and research. Check Joe Terhaar’s qualifications and see that he is the regional (nationally recognized) expert in family intervention.